Are you interested in being a guest blogger on my site? Every Friday I post guest blogs to my site, and this could be you!
At first I wasn’t asked nor was I that interested in having guest posts on my blog, but as I continued to build my blog, build my community, and read more about guest posting I became convinced that it was a move that I had to make. Since then, I’ve had hundreds of people asking to guest post on my blog. Because of this, I have created a set of guest post guidelines.
CONTENT I ACCEPT
Anything that is useful for my readers I consider good content for a guest post. However, I would like it to fit inside one of these six categories. If your post does not fit inside one of these categories please contact me and we can talk more about it.
- Social Media
Note: Unless I approve, your post cannot be an advertisement for your company or product. If you are interested in this type of thing, please check out my advertising page and then contact me and we can figure something out.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR GUEST POSTS
- Your post must be unique and original and not previously posted to another website or print piece.
- You will agree not to publish the post anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site. You may, however, post a brief summary of the post on your site that links to the post on this site.
- If you would like, you can provide up to three byline links: one for your blog or web site, one for your bio or About page, and one for your Twitter username (optional).
- Your post should be at a minimum of 400 words and no longer than 800 words.
- If you would like to be a guest poster you might also want to read:
Both articles contain some very helpful tips to maximize your post.
- Please take the time to format your guest post as an HTML document, so that I can copy and paste it into the WordPress HTML editor.
- I copyedit all guest posts for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If I make large changes (which is unlikely, but possible), I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
- Make sure to include the author byline at the bottom, with the link to your website already formatted (do not spam keywords there).
As a fellow blogger, I understand the work and time that it takes to write a blog post. However, just because you’ve submitted a post to me does not mean that I will publish it. The only guest posts that I publish are the ones that I feel will motivate, encourage, add value, and move my readers to making things happen in the world.
If you have a guest post and it meets the guidelines:
- Email the post to me for consideration. I will respond with a “yes” or “no” within one week.
- If you could, please include the size of your readership: number of blog readers, Facebook friends or fans, and Twitter followers.
- The last thing I ask is, are you willing to take the time to engage with my readers in the comments section of your post?
If your willing to agree to all of the above, I say, let’s make this happen. Please put your post in the body of the email rather than an attachment to the email.
If I reject your post, you are free to do anything with it, including publishing anywhere around the web.